Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some Adjustments

Some of my plans might be changing slightly. 

I got an email saying that the program I was going to do in South Africa is not going to be happening past December 2010.  Instead, they are starting a different program in Tembisa, which is between Johannesburg and Pretoria.  It is at an orphanage instead of a school, although there is a pre-school.  I would still get to stay with a host family, which is good.  This program is also cheaper than the other one, which is also good.

I have to reply and tell them whether or not I want to do this program for sure.  I am pretty sure I still want to do this program, but as with anything, I fear commitment and have to think about it.  Really, not that much has changed except for the location.

Other than this, not a lot else has been happening in my preparation for volunteering.  I have been preparing letters for my mom to send out (thanks mom!) and writing emails to those awesome businesses that have email addresses available. 

I am also working with the fantastic Alexa on making some t-shirts for you to order!  Watch for them because they are going to be awesome and made with love by Alexa :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to order up those Ts! Everyone loves T shirts!!
    Alexa - you are an angel for helping out :) and so is your mom!

    ReplyDelete