Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Way You Can Help

Hello friends!  I have been working on more ideas of how to raise funds for my volunteering.  I have received a couple of good ideas and some people are willing to help me with my fund raising activities.  Thank you to everyone that has been helping me/offered to help me so far!  It really means a lot to me! 

I have created a profile on the Your Cause website.  Please, take some time to look over my profile and my cause: Allison Volunteers.  There are a couple of nice features about this website. 

First, there is a goal tracker, so both you and I can see how close I am to achieving my fund raising goal.  Currently, I am at $0, and my goal is to raise $4000 by January 7, 2011.  Part of tracking my goal includes being able to see some of the most recent donations that have been made to my cause.

My Cause also directly links my profile to A Broader View, the organization I am going through for my volunteer service.  The donations you make here will go directly to the organization to help cover my program costs. 

Finally, one feature that I think is really neat about this site, is that people can offer testimonials about me.  That means, those of you that know me should write a testimonial about me.  Then, those that do not know me or do not know me very well, will be able to read the testimonials and get information about me from sources other than myself.  They will be able to see what others think of me and my cause. 

I am working on setting up profiles, making a list of businesses to contact, and spreading the word about my volunteering.  I have been given two more classes at work, so the amount of time I have available to work on this is starting to decrease.  However, I am still working hard to achieve my fund raising goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment