Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting Some Things Done

I have decided to use my Monday off of work to start contacting businesses about sponsorship/donations.  After the bicentenario celebrations of the weekend, I figured it was a good way to use my Monday off.  Besides, if I get on a roll now, I will have almost all week to work on more emails and letter writing.  I only have class two days this week, and the students told me that one of those would probably be canceled.  That means, I might only have to work one day this week, and use the rest for writing emails!  Yippie!

Contacting businesses is proving to be time consuming.  Some businesses have contact information specifically about donation requests, and some of them outline requirements.  Having the requirements outlined is nice so I know if I should even bother.  However, I am sometimes unsure if I meet the requirements.  I will still contact these places, but it sucks thinking I might just be wasting my time.

Another problem I have run into is the means of contact.  Several businesses only list telephone numbers and snail mail addresses.  These become very expensive means of contacting businesses in the States when you are living in Chile.  I am hoping I have found a way around it though- I email my mom the letters with addresses, and she sends them out.  Keep your fingers crossed she is willing to do this huge favor for me!

Finally, I want to give a huge thanks to Andres for being my first donor!  I really appreciate it!  Some others have contacted me about wanting to donate, but needing to wait until the next pay check/the new year/ etc. and I really appreciate that as well.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. As if I'd say no! Don't bother crossing your fingers - it's a done deal! Anything to help you out sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete